Our methodology is inspired by works of founders of experiential learning approach like John Dewey, Kurt Lewin and Jean Piaget. However, our methodology is very similar to David Kolb’s four-stage model of experiential learning. It is argued that our methodology is practical application of this approach in teaching school curriculum.
Following two educators of Indian origin has contributed significantly in the conception of this idea:
- P.K. Srinivasan – Fulbright Exchange teacher in USA. Later became Director Emeritus, Ramanujan Museum and Math Education Center (Chenni, India)
- M. Hyacintha A.C – Director, Carmel Teacher Center, Hazaribagh, India
- Invisible design of the products has been awarded by National institute of design (NID), Ahmedabad, India.
- J-PAL, a research center at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), United States established that Vikalp shows substantial gain in learning outcomes.
- Vikalp has been featured twice in Outlook magazine for the impact it’s creating among students.