Specific objectives of Physical Education & Yoga for Senior Classes
- To help children know and accept individual and collective responsibility for healthy living at home, school and in the community.
- To help children know their health status, identify health problems and be informed for taking appropriate remedial measures.
- To create awareness among children about rules of safety in appropriate hazardous situations to avoid accidents and injuries. To acquaint them with first-aid measures about common sickness and injuries.
- To help children learn correct postural habits in standing, walking, running, sitting and other basic movements so as to avoid postural defects and physical deformities.
- To help children improve their neuromuscular coordination through participation in a variety of physical activities in order to physical fitness.
- To help children strive for excellence in games and sports.
- To provide skills for dealing with psycho-social issues in the school, home and the community
- To help children grow as responsible citizens by inculcating in them certain social and moral values through games, sports etc.
- To inculcate values and skills in children in order to promote self-control, concentration, peace and relaxation to avoid the ill effects of stress, strain and fatigue of routine everyday life.
- To address the physical, psycho-social needs of differently abled children in an integrated fashion.