- Age Group: 3 to 6 years
- Counting is the first concept taught to children when they start going to school. Children repeat the numbers one after other and they are expected to learn progression of numbers.
- This makes the learning difficult and leads to rote learning. Children need something concrete with which they can relate and retain the numbers.
- This product does exactly this. Discs are laid on the ground and children walk besides it and discover progression of numbers while walking step by step.
- Walking besides disc provides context enabling children to understand and relate sequence of numbers with everyday life.
- LEARNING OUTCOME: Concept of order, forward and backward counting, after/before/in between.
- Features & characteristics of this specialty product?PRODUCT EVOLUTIONInspired by educationists like late P. K Shrinivasan and Sr. M Hyacintha A. C. These change agents lead a crusade of shorts against the debilitating idea of rote learning techniques and drill. It is designed by toy designers and game develops of NIFT and NID whose path breaking work in field of invisible design has reached new heights.
Products are colourful and child friendly. Colour used are bright and is not used all over. It’s in places where children need to focus. Attempt is to make play more interesting.
Child safety is our first priority. All the edges of products are round. Material which can hurt children are avoided. Even if a child does some mishandling or hit each other it will not hurt the child. Any type of popularly used alcohol-based ink is avoided. Soya based ink of SAKATA INX has been used so that it’s not harmful in case a child tries to chew the product
- Manufacturing process of products takes care of all 3 R’s of eco-friendly products – reduce, recycle and reuse.