Requirement of Coding for Beginners Course
- No prior knowledge of coding or computer programming is required. This is a course aimed at the complete beginner 🙂
- To complete the interactive elements of the course, you’ll need a desktop or laptop computer with an internet connection.
- During the course, you’re going to install Python onto your computer. We’ll be downloading it from the official source (it’s free), and don’t worry, we’ll walk you through it – but you will need permission to install a downloaded program on your computer.
- We’ll also be using an online program called Scratch. It’s also free, and you don’t need to know anything about Scratch before we begin, we’ll walk you through it.
Coding for Beginners Course is perfect for students who are thinking about learning a specific coding language, but don’t want to get dropped in at the deep end. Coding for Beginners has been specifically designed as a generic, foundation level course, to introduce you to many of the common coding concepts that you’ll go on to use in whichever programming language you choose to learn next – giving you a real head start before you start mastering a dedicated language, and its syntax.
We’ll answer questions like:
- What is code, and why do we need it?
- Why are there so many coding languages?
- What’s the difference between coding and programming?
- What’s the difference between front end and back end coding?
- Is coding a science or an art?
Coding for beginners course introduce you to common coding concepts like:
- How code runs
- Pseudo code
- Common data types
- Arithmetic & operators
- Control flow
- Storing data
Get ready to code your first app!
- Plan the app in pseudo code
- Code a proof of concept in Scratch!
- Code a Minimum Viable Product in Python
- We’ll help you get setup in both Scratch and Python for the first time, and help you every step of the way. By the end of the course you’ll be confident enough to keep coding in Scratch and Python on your own
- As you transition from Scratch into Python, we’ll help you to see that moving from a highly visual coding language (perfect to get started), into a much more powerful text based language (used by companies like LinkedIn and Google), isn’t scary at all! In fact, we think you’ll love it 🙂
Coding for Beginners Course is for:
- Write your first ever lines of code!
- Take this course if you are completely new to computer coding, and curious about what it is, how it works, and whether you could enjoy coding as a hobby or work skill.
- This course is not suitable for experienced programmers, who already understand the fundamentals of computer coding.
Is the programme information updated regularly?
Yes, we update our course material to make it relevant and in line with the newest industry trends and advancements.
Will I be given a certificate after I finish?
Yes, you will obtain a certificate of completion, validating your coding skills and improving your resume.
Are these courses appropriate for complete beginners?
Our classes are intended for novices with step-by-step instructions and practical activities.
How can I sign up for a course?
Enrolling is simple! Visit our website, select your preferred course, and then follow the simple steps to begin your coding career immediately.